.

Isaiah 43:5

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Things are starting to move

We applied for our passports yesterday.    We went during Jeff's lunch hour and were very short on time.  The postal worker was so sweet.  The line was *very* long and the postal worker saw that we had a document folder...and a baby...and asked us if we were there for passports.  We said 'yes we were' and he waived us to the FRONT of the line.  I am so thankful we did not have to wait.  The cost to apply for passports sure has gone up over the past 30 years since I last applied.  It was just under $200 each, well, we did expedite the process so that did add a little.   At least this process is done and Jeff was still able to grab a bite to eat and get back to work on time since the nice postal worker waived us through the line.  So thankful!


I was able to send in our first set of documents for apostille this morning.  The lady at the post office said the documents should arrive in Austin by noon tomorrow.  The cost for this...$69.15!   We should get these back in a couple of weeks and we can send them to Eastern Europe....cost for that, $200.  No body ever said rescuing an orphan  was cheap....but well worth every penny!

1 comment:

Leah and Tony Beasley said...

A.J was so close to our hearts. When we were deciding to what children to adopt, he was one of them I had picked. I believe he is from the same orphanage as our children. We ended up picking 2 girls and one boy from number 16. I prayed for a while about him finding a home. I was so glad when I saw him dissapear from the page. That could only mean on thing, that he had been picked to find a home!!!
God bless you during your journey. We brought our kids home in Jan so if you have any questions about where you are going, please let me know. Thanks,Leah Breasley

Related Posts with Thumbnails