Today God answered another prayer. I got to visit with a member of the RR missions team about my boys. All is well. The team got to go visit the orphanage my boys are staying in and got to love on them for a little while, hold them and play. I am forever grateful for this information and update as it rarely happens for adopting families.
Both boys are doing well. They are learning how to sit and vocalize and are both very alert. Both are in about 12-18 month clothes. Both boys were not afraid of being with new people and loved, loved, loved all the attention, which is a good thing, because with our crew, there will be LOT'S of attention once we get them home!
We were told we will need to take heavy winter clothes for them when we go as it is getting very cold there already and we still have several weeks until we go before our travel date. I will be on the look-out for size 18 month winter snow suits, little boots, etc.They could not estimate what size shoes they might be wearing because their little feet were all bundled up.
**The one thing the team mentioned that the orphanage NEEDS is CLOTH diapers. The orphanage has NONE and the children were wrapped up in soiled blankets as their diapers. I happen to be in the midst of making some so we will take these over when it is time to travel. I'll also be on the look-out for good, used cloth diapers on Craigslist and garage sales. We want to bless the orphanage with these so if anyone reading this has any you would like to donate, please contact me here ASAP and we will be honored to take them as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
That is SOOO awesome you got such a great report. Praise God!
About the cloth diapers, I'm still using mine here :-), but I bought them through www.greenmountaindiapers.com. Karen, who started the company, is a Christian and does mission work. I think she has donated cloth diapers to orphanages in Haiti and Africa. It might be worth a shot to contact her. Hope that helps!
I have about 10 that I'd like to send your way! Just let me know! Thanks...my email is joeandbianca@yahoo.com
Post a Comment