So, maybe I'm a little cautious, just a little. I took the envelope down to the FedEx place this afternoon filled with our precious POA's and CSP forms. I did not seal the envelope before getting there because I wanted the FedEx person to help me finish filling out the packing slip and put everything in correctly. The lady at the counter was so helpful as I fumbled to finished writing in the proper box's. We debated on the spelling of Kiev. Was it Kiev or Kyiv? Turns out it is either...so we put both. The envelope will get there with either spelling and will for sure get there with BOTH!
I paid the nice lady $114 to send the envelope the fastest way possible. It will still take 6 days and that is waaaayyyyyy too slow in my book. I might try UPS for the next set of documents and see if they can do this faster. Every day we wait for things to ship is another day sweet AJ spends alone in his bed. We cannot get there fast enough.
I felt good that we got that done and I drove off set to go home. Half way home, I remembered that I did not seal the envelope and turned around and headed back to the FedEx place. I do not think the lady at the counter was too surprised to see me. I must have looked like a new momma returning to check on her baby in the church nursery. I told her what I had done and she smiled and assured me that SHE had sealed the envelope for me. I was very thankful. She even showed me the envelope. We talked again about the spelling of Kiev and looked it up in the FedEx city handbook. We then talked about these all-important documents and I told her about our adoption. She said her sister has adopted three from Russia, with one more on the way. Very neat!
I will be very glad when these documents make there way to Eastern Europe! Wish it were ME!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
ALl 3 times that we have sent our documents from West Tx via Fedex, they have gotten there faster than we were told. So maybe the same will happen for you. Praying the journey will be quick fo ryou & your family
Hope your docs don't take that long. It is exciting to be sending your first group of documents, isn't it! You are on your way. Your little boy is a real cutie!
Post a Comment