My dear friends, Bethann and Melony, joined us at the airport and took amazing pictures and video of our first meeting. What priceless pictures and video's these are to us! Thank you both so much!
| Sean, Melony and Bethann ~ treasured friends! |
Enjoy!
| Rachel and Kayla anxiously waiting to greet their new sisters! |
| Justin, Matthew and Michael waiting to meet their new sisters with mommy! |
| Mommy meeting Sydney for the first time! Pure love! |
| Cradling Sydney for the first time |
| Mommy's first kiss to Sydney |
| Looking directly into the eyes of your new daughter...priceless!! |
| Meeting Sarah for the first time. Pure JOY!! |
| Coming to mommy! |
| Nuzzling Sarah for the first time |
| Sarah finally in mommy's arms |
| Meeting Justin, Matthew and Michael |
| Our youngest 6 children! |
| Sydney meeting Justin! |
| Welcoming Holly HOME and Sarah meeting oldest sister, Kayla, for the first time |
| Welcoming Jason HOME! |
![]() |
| Kayla holding Sarah |
| First family photo ~ minus biggest brother, Wesley. |
As many of you know, Jeff and I adopted Sarah and Sydney in quite the unusual way. Jeff adopted the girls alone and I will adopt them here in America. Ukraine allows this type of adoption only under very strict guidelines. The couple has to be married (which we are, 26 years this year!) and the person not adopting in Ukraine has to have a dire medical reason that does not allowed him/her to travel OR be over the required age limit. The first is our reason since I had to stay home to care for Michael while he recovers from previous surgeries and is being prepared for his final surgery.
I did not travel to Ukraine at all so the first time I met Sarah and Sydney was literally when Jeff brought them home 9-9-11. Jeff traveled without me with two of our older children on each of two trips to Ukraine. We Skyped and texted so I could be a part of the experience but it was not quite the same as being there. I did get to Skype with Sarah and Sydney after "Gotcha Day" and talked to them but it was nothing like holding them in my arms for the very first time and kissing their precious cheeks.
God has been so gracious throughout this whole adoption journey! He literally moved mountains time and again to bring our girls home. There are two less orphans in the world today and we give Him all the glory!






1 comment:
Your photos are amazing! I am a lurker over at Reece's Rainbow, pouring over photos and Gotcha Days. I am hoping that within the next 5 years my husband and I and our 4 (as of now) children will be ready to adopt one of these beautiful children. Thank you for sharing your story with us.
Olivia
Post a Comment