Jeff, Holly and Rachel left for our girls' country early this morning. Tears were shed...on my part...hugs were given tighter that usual and good-by's lingered long past the designated time to leave. It's tough watching your family leave!
Rest did not come for any of us last night so I pray Jeff and the girls can sleep on the plane. It will be a 25 hour journey so there *should* be plenty of time to rest. They will arrive in-country tomorrow afternoon late, grab a bite to eat, buy some groceries and head to the apartment for some much needed rest.
Tuesday will be a day of leisure and hopefully some sight seeing. Jeff will meet with the official adoption authorities on Wed at 9:00am and receive the official referral to adopt our girls. He'll pick up the official paperwork either later that afternoon or the next day then they will hop on an overnight train and arrive in the city our girls are in about 13 hours later.
They should be able to meet our girls either late Thursday or early Friday, depending on when they get the referral paperwork and catch the overnight train. What a wonderful day that will be when daddy meets daughters, sisters meet sisters! Our girls will see love! They will feel love, unconditional love, for the very first time in their lives. Oh, how I cannot wait to wrap MY arms around them!!!!
Feeling unconditional love can be confusing and scary if you have never felt it before. I pray and believe that our girls will have NO FEAR! I pray they will only feel comfortable and at ease when they meet their daddy and sisters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
YAY - praying for safe travels, rest for Jeff and the girls as well as God's preparation and peace for Harper and Jaclyn as they meet their forever family (well, part of)!! So happy for you guys!
Dear Debbie & family,
This is so exciting! I'm looking forward to following your family's next adoption journey. At least Jeff and your daughters will not have snow storms to contend with :)I'll be checking back for updates.
Patty Lococo
Julia's Mom
Ooooooh I can't wait to see them!!! Praying for a smooth journey for everyone, including Momma waiting at home!!
Praying for your family! I am so excited to watch your journey unfold and see pictures of those sweet girls!
Oh, this is wonderful! I will be praying for your whole family during this time!! Your precious baby girls will meet their family-YAY!!
praying they open their hearts and their arms to their new family :)
Post a Comment