It is customary for the SDA to trade their file baby pictures with adoptive parents if the parents have a current picture of their child. We did have current pictures of both boys and asked the SDA to trade. For reasons known only to them, they said no to Jeff. So Jeff asked if he could take a picture of the baby pictures....again, NO! Our facilitator went back on our behalf at a later time and he was also told NO!
Our boys SDA baby pictures surfaced again during court and our translator asked the judge if they could trade at that time....again, NO! The judge told them that the SDA pictures were now part of the court records and were going to be SEALED with the court documents. There was nothing more for us to do.
FOUR MONTHS LATER...
I am reading through messages on the post-adoption RR support group site and read this:
Pictures for someone??
In going through and organizing all of my paperwork from this last adoption, I
came across some photos that I apparently picked up from the SDA in March 2011.
:) :)
They are pictures of two little boys with Down syndrome. As best I can decipher,
the names on the back of the pictures are (xxxx xxxxx) and the other
picture only has one name--(xxxx)?? They are cute cute little boys and I would
love to get these pictures to their family, so if you know who they belong to
please let me know!
Courtney
I LITERALLY ABOUT FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR!
The names Courtney gave were Matthew and Michael's birth names! Were these their SDA pictures? I immediately emailed her and asked if she could scan and email the pictures to me so I could see if they were pictures of Michael and Matthew....
THEY WERE!
Awwwww, they were so tiny. I just want to scoop up my babies and hold their little selves from those pictures. I'm so grateful to have baby pictures of them! God works in mysterious ways, that is for sure!






4 comments:
Oh! That is so wonderful!! What a treasure for you now, and the boy when they are older.
Those pictures are such a treasure! We were given about a dozen pictures of Andreas at different ages. Such a blessing!
reading your post gave me chills. so thankful that you now have these pictures of your children. thanking God for His awesome provision.
How precious and what a gift!
Post a Comment