Michael's surgery today was not successful on one hand since they were not able to completely fix the stricture but very successful on the other hand since we now know exactly what we need to do in order to help Michael.
The doctor actually found two strictures and they are both far stronger, thicker and larger than we had hoped. Now that the doctors have had a good look at Michael surgically, they are saying he needs extensive colorectal reconstructive surgery to fix this. The team we used today could not do that type of surgery since they only specialize in intestinal issues. We will now go see a surgeon who specializes in colorectal reconstructive surgery. Since his lower intestine is almost completely closed off, time is of the essence so Jeff and I have to make some serious decisions by Monday.
Your prayers are so comforting! Thank you all for covering Michael in prayer today through this. He was such a little champ and handled everything very well. I'll let everyone know as soon as we make our decision about where we will take Michael for this next round of treatment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
Keeping him in my prayers tonight my friend!
Debbie, Jeff & family,
We will continue to pray for Michael and that you find wonderful, caring doctors to help him. We are so glad that he is home with your loving family and getting the best care.
The Lococo Family
So sorry to hear that it couldn't be finished with today. SO VERY HAPPY that they know what is going on and what needs to be done, and who can do it! Thinking of you all, and sending you tons of love:)
Oh Debbie!!! Praying for your little guy still. If you need to chat, let me know!! I'm a great sounding board! :) How awesome is it that God brought them home just in time to literally save little Michael!!?? Wow!!
Praying here too! God's peace for all of you!
Praying for your little guy.
So glad Michael is home with you to be getting wonderful medical care in addition to the love of his family.
We are praying for all of you!
Will surely be praying for Michael and for the decisions you need to make quickly.
Debbie,
I just found your blog from another blog that I follow. Michael and Matthew are so darn cute. I am so glad that they have a loving family to care for them now.
I read about Michael's surgey and so sorry to hear that he needs more extensive surgery. Poor little guy! At least he has a Mommy and Daddy to love on him while he goes through this and not go through it all alone.
I know that you live in west Texas but not sure where exactly. I also do not know what Hospital he was at so please forgive me for being pushy.
I HIGHLY recommend that you get him to a Children's Hospital to have this surgery. Again I do not know where you are but I know there is one in Dallas and of course there are 2 in Houston but they could be to far to go. He really needs the best to do this surgery and do it correctly.
Please post and let us know how he is doing.
I will be praying for all of you during this time. Sorry you and Michael have to go through this.
Sheila
What a blessing that Michael now has the medical care that he needs to live! Sorry that it is so frightening for the both of you. Prayers for resolution and healing.
Post a Comment