We were in such a rush to get them out the door, that I did not take any pictures of them leaving. Rachel took a picture of some of the stuff they were packing so I'll post that one since it is the ONLY picture we have of packing day. Thank you, Rachel, for taking this!
This is a true journey of faith. NO doubt God led us to this place in our lives. We are forever grateful for that calling and for the strength and courage to follow. This journey is not without risk but as we walk in faith, we will have no fear. NO FEAR! No fear of the distance between us, no fear of the unknown and no fear of 'The Vote'.
Speaking of 'The Vote'. Please continue to ask for God's favor concerning this matter. The country our boys are from has decided to possibly change the process they currently use for international adoptions. This would actually be a GOOD thing for the kids and the adoptive families. It would streamline the process and do away with many of the 'unknowns'. The problem is the wording of the bill does not allow for ANY adoptions to continue while the bilateral agreement is being worked out. This means ALL ADOPTIONS WILL CEASE if the wording is not changed and the bill is passed. 'The Vote' is scheduled sometime during the week of Dec. 14-17 and that happens to be the very week we attend court to formally adopt the boys. We are moving forward with this adoption even with all the unknowns.
Here are some of the verses we stand firm on during this time:
James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
John 14:18
I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
Matthew 18:5
And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me (God)
Isiah 43:5-6
5) Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.
6) I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’
and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’
Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth—
Thank you all so much for your continued prayers. They are very, very much felt!!!
n anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming Me(God).Matthew 18:5





1 comment:
Hey Debbie! We're here! I thought you would be comforted to know that Niko dropped us off and was going back for your family. :-) We lost a bag so it took FOREVER to get out of the airport, but he should be back there in time. It takes a long time to get through immigration. But they did find our bag and it should be here tomorrow. Hopefully we'll meet Jeff and fam tomorrow night or something. :-)
Post a Comment